DISCLAIMER:

The links to MP3 files provided in these posts are to be used for previewing only.

If you are an artist or copyright holder, and would like links to your music removed, email: Productindemand@gmail.com

** We believe that if you like what you hear, then you should go out and buy it and support the artist. Any shared links on this site, is a means of simply trying before you buy**

These downloads are not hosted on our server, nor sanctioned by our company in any way. After downloading any music from our website, we suggest within 24 hours you delete the music and purchase the record. By clicking on the link above and downloading the promotional music, you agree that "I AM IN DEMAND.Com" is not liable in any way, and you are solely responsible.

Keyword Search Engine

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Books I'm reading right now: Jay Z's Decoded and The Dancing Wu Li Masters



These are some books I'm reading right now (among a few others). I know I'm late getting this, So, I finally picked up "Jay Z's teaching to White America about Hip Hop culture" lol at least that's how I see this book after only reading 20 pages into it. It's called Decoded and it's got a front cover that has hundreds of conspiracy theorists clamoring about it being the depiction of Baphomet on the cover via Andy Warhol's famous Rorschach painting. The inkblot was cleared by the Warhol Estate in only one day. “I was very happy about that,” said Jay, who has a Rorschach hanging over his fireplace.



Below is an excerpt from Jay Z on the project.

Jay Z: “When I first started working on this book, I told my editor that I wanted it to do three important things. The first was to make the case that hip-hop lyrics—not just my lyrics, but those of every great MC—are poetry if you look at them closely enough. The second was I wanted the book to tell a little bit of the story of my generation, to show the context for the choices we made at a violent and chaotic crossroads in recent history. And the third piece was that I wanted the book to show how hip-hop created a way to take a very specific and powerful experience and turn it into a story that everyone in the world could feel and relate to.”

He's clearly become the evangelist of Hip Hop Culture, intellectualizing (in a way that KRS ONE couldn't do) to an audience of thousands who were informed by way of stereotypes only, so this should prove to be an effective platform for Jay Z as he transitions more and more into Shawn Carter the business mogul (because he can't rap forever).

Get to know who Gary Zukav is...


I'm reading Gary Zukav's "The Dancing Wu Li Masters" which is his take on how physics can help us understand the soul better. I was put on to his authorship by a good friend and colleague named Nadia Bey Jenkins who is a Yogi and a holistic source of information for me. I'm also aware myself that humanity is really transforming from a physical way of perception through sensual systems into synthetic systems of perception and comprehension, and as we transform in consciousness we will function at a higher altitude of vibration and creative thought. I'll let you guys know about the book some more after I read it.

Follow @Iamindemand and join the conversation on Twitter Right Now!!!

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: